Monday, January 11, 2010

Reading Suggestion for David Waltz

Rather than add to an already lengthy combox, I thought it might be better to do this here.

David, I came across this today during my regular reading, and immediately thought of you. Perhaps it would be helpful to you: Summa Theologiae I-II, Q19, articles 3-6 (but maybe especially article 6, from my vantage point, in consideration of your circumstances). The question: The Goodness and Malice of the Interior Act of the Will. Articles 3–6:

  • Whether the goodness of the will depends on reason?

  • Whether the goodness of the will depends on the eternal law?

  • Whether the will is evil when it is at variance with erring reason?

  • Whether the will is good when it abides by erring reason?


I hope that this will help you. I don't offer this with any intent of browbeating, but rather to hopefully shed further light upon what I said previously in the combox.

May God bless you,

RdP

No comments: