- Presumption that both parties are speaking in good faith (trust vs. hostility)
- Know what you believe, and don't demand that any participant compromise his views
- Try to understand the other person's views accurately
- Charitable interpretation of other's views: understanding them in the best light, rather than the worst
- "The search for Christian unity is ultimately a gift of the Spirit."
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Excellent "Rules" for Discussion
The Pontificator suggests some "rules" for conversation. I think that they're great. Summary: